[Zope] How to distinguish between objects with and without access restrictions

Michael Gutmann gutmann@uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:20:27 +0100

Hello again,

after a week or so without any zoping (bad days indeed ;-) I have
another problem with an automatic folder list: I combine some sites in
one Zope site and have on the top page a list of the available sites.
It's just something like

<UL>
<dtml-in "objectValues(['Folder'])">
    <LI><A HREF="<dtml-var id>"><dtml-var title></A>
</dtml-in>
</UL>

Well, no problem ... except when there are (and there is) folders,
that are not accessible to the public. Then you can only view the hole
page with a password. One solution is to make this page a proxy for
"manager" (and as far as I see is there no way to do it otherwise,
right?).

Now I want to distinguish between a public accessible folder and an
other one. In what instance of the folder do I find the information
and is it accessible even when I don't have the right to access the
folder?

Zanks,

Michael
gutmann@uni-duesseldorf.de