[Zope] strange path "feature"

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:56:16 -0500

don,

you're right. cool URIs don't change. however, the deduction that you're
left with less than total control isn't right IMHO.

of course, it is true that when someone types arbitrary URIs from a zope
site that person can come up with URIs that are not following these
conventions. but if the zope site developer takes a little care when
devising intra-site links those "changing" URIs will never appear. unless,
like i said, someone actually sat down and typed arbitrary combinations into
the browser's address field.

greetings

jens vagelpohl

<snip>
> Seems to me this is the dark side of acquisition.  It prevents you
> from having total control over what URIs your web site exports to the
> world.  All good web publishers know "Cool URIs don't change".
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html
>
> That ideal is difficult to achieve under normal circumstances, but it
> becomes near impossible when you lose control over what URIs you
> publish to the world, doesn't it?
</snip>