[Zope] How to distinguish between objects with and without access restrictions

Michael Gutmann gutmann@uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:58:02 +0100

Bruce Elrick wrote:
<...>
>> Try this and let me know how it works:
>>
>>  <dtml-in "objectValues(['Folder'])" skip_unauthorized>
>>      <LI><A HREF="<dtml-var id>"><dtml-var title></A>
>>  </dtml-in>
>>

>I think you misunderstand his question...he wants anonymous users in the top
>level folder to be able to run this code in viewing the top level folder so
>that they see both public and private sub-folders, because those anonymous
>users may also be users who have ids/passwords, but they may also be the
>non-users.  When they access a private sub-folder only then should they be
>prompted for a password.
>
>I ran into this but never persued it.  I think he needs to use proxy roles,
>but I never brushed up on that in the manual.  It would also be useful, I
>think, if he could have some code to mark which folders require a password.
>
>Cheers...
>Bruce

Well, you are both right, because when I reviewed my question I recognized,
that I was somehow ambiguous.

1) Using skip_unauthorized is definitly the easiest way and it works.
2) Getting knowledge about folders you are not authorized to look at
   works only defining this page as a proxy.

Thanks
Michael

Michael Gutmann M.A.                    |
Universitaetsrechenzentrum              |
Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf	|
Tel.  : +49 211 81-11969                |
e-mail: gutmann@uni-duesseldorf.de      | This space is intentionally
http://gutmann.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/   | left blank.