[Zope] ZSERVER, THREADS, PERFORMANCE & FUTURE PERFORMANCE

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:57:03 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Jeff Rush wrote:

> Or will the nifty async properties of Medusa still allow >1 transactions
> to have ZODB conflicts?  Basically, is threading the _only_ way Zope
> can ever overlap requests internally?

Yes, I believe so unless ZServer seriously modifies medusa (I haven't
checked the latest release). Even though medusa will multiplex
different requests and serve the ones that are ready to receive or send,
all underlying calls are serialized, and no conflicts should occur.
However if one request (external method, db access etc, hangs then your
whole server is down).

Pavlos