[Zope] Zope Startup Questions II (Son of Zope)

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:14:03 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Alexander Limi wrote:

> Does anybody know if this is a limitation of the kernel or the FS? And is
> it going to be fixed in the foreseeable future?

It is a limitation of the FS, and it will be fixed but I do not know when.
There are paches available though. If you do a search on the Zope list I
think someone mentioned the patches.

> throughout the country, and pass all requests for files to an object that
> queries the servers for their individual loads at the moment. Any thoughts
> on how to implement this in an elegant way using Zope/Python?

Just an idea. Use straight ZServer/ZPublisher for high performance. Then
create an object that publishes the relevant info on a different port. You
can the query each server for its load. I have tried something similar
some time ago, but to monitor filesystem usage and the responces were very
fast.

Pavlos