[Zope] Mime type for PNG

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:59:29 -0500

Bruce Elrick wrote:

> In trying to view my site with Opera, I noticed that my PNG images (named with
> blah_blah_png) are send with a Mime type of image/x-png, not image/png.  I
> can't figure out how to get opera to recognize this as a PNG (it apparently
> handles PNG with image/png, since it does have it defined).

Using Zope 2.0.1 under Linux, I can't replicate this...

a sample transaction (localhost/goopy_png_png is a png image I generated
using GIMP):

[mcdonc@cindy mcdonc]$ telnet localhost 8080
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD /goopy_png_png HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Zope/(unreleased version) ZServer/1.1b1