[Zope] getting traceback involving BIGFLOAT

Jeff Rush Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net
Sat, 13 Nov 99 23:42:39 -0500

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:23:45 -0800, Matthew Wilbert wrote:

>I was running Zope2 successfully under RH Linux 6.0. using
>pcgi behind Apache.  I had a hardware problem and by the
>time I was able to fix it, I had to do some reinstalls, particularly of Python.  Zope didn't like
>it.  Now I have it almost working, but when I try to go
>the initial Zope page, I get a traceback that I can't
>figure out.

<snip>

I don't know about BIGFLOAT specifically, but since you seem to be
running the RPM version of Zope, based on your dir names, you
ought to verify the integrity of your RPM installation using the following:

  prompt> rpm -V python Zope  Zope-pcgi

If everything is OK, it won't print anything.

Since your hardware problems may be system-wide, you can also
verify -ALL- of your RPMs, using:

  prompt: rpm -Va

Expect to see a lot of output as many RPMs appear changed when
you edit their config files and such.  You just have to look at each
problem and decide whether it is serious or not.

And if you see simple user/group errors (UG) or permission errors (M),
you can fix them with either:

  prompt> rpm --setugids  Zope
  prompt> rpm --setperms Zope

This is very useful after installing new zproducts, since many of the
tarballs change the owner/perms of Zope directories.  Bad bad.

-Jeff Rush