[Zope] version deleted but there is still a version lock

Hadar Pedhazur hadar@verticality.com
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:04:31 -0500

This happened to me once. Jim Fulton gave me the secret
recipe, but it has a downside (which luckily did not affect
me!).

If you have no other versions that you need to preserve, you
can shut Zope down, then delete the files that contain all
of the version info in them (at least that's how it worked
in 1.10.3). In 1.10.3 they are called Data.bbb.trans and
Data.bbb.trans.index. So, check if you have files called
Data.fs.trans, etc...

After deleting those files, restart Zope, and all is well
again (at least it worked for me).

If you have transactions you need to keep, then you will
either need to save them (meaning publish them!), or figure
something else out...

Hope this helps.