[Zope] Zope Content Manager's Guide: Creating a product

Eron Lloyd woodsage@op.net
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:41:15 -0500

I'm having trouble with creating the "HomeSite" configuration interface
example in the ZCMG, specifically when trying to add an "Instant Site"
object to a page. Specifically, I get a traceback that states the
following:

       Zope Error

       Unauthorized

       You are not authorized to access manage_changeProperties.

       Traceback (innermost last):
         File /home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 214, in publish_module
         File /home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 179, in publish
         File /home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 165, in publish
         File /home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
160, in mapply
           (Object: Builder)
         File /home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 102, in call_object
           (Object: Builder)
         File /home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line
145, in __call__
           (Object: Builder)
         File
/home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 502,
in __call__
           (Object: Builder)
         File
/home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py, line 148,
in render
           (Object: manage_clone(Home,REQUEST['new_id'],REQUEST))
         File
/home/aquarius/Zope2/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 315,
in eval
           (Object: manage_changeProperties(
               title=REQUEST['new_name'],
               company_name=REQUEST['new_name'],
               message=REQUEST['new_message'],
               contact_phone=REQUEST['new_phone'],
             ))
       Unauthorized: (see above)

I know that for some reason I'm unauthorized to change properties...yet
I am doing this as a authorized user for that folder. I did everything
step by step in the guide. Did I catch a common  newbie "gotcha"?

Eron.