[Zope] HOw to Connect MySQl database to Zope

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:39:00 -0500

Hamdi,

You don't use a ZODBC database connector to access a MySQL database...
instead use a ZMySQL database connection.  You select this from the Add
Item dropdown menu within Zope.  If "Z MySQL Database Connection" isn't
an option within this dropdown box, then ZMySQLDA isn't installed
properly (note that after installing ZMySQLDA, for the change to "take",
you need to restart Zope).

Once you've gotten MySQLDA working, when you add a ZMySQL Database
Connection, the Add dialog will ask you for a database connection
string.  This string has the syntax:

database[@host] user passwd

So for a database named "zopetestdb" on a host named
"sparky.digicool.com" where a MySQL login exists named "root" with a
password of "goodstuff", the database connection string would be:

zopetestdb@sparky.digicool.com root goodstuff

Chris McDonough
Digital Creations, Inc.
Zope - http://www.zope.org