[Zope] login with a login page [Q]

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:22:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Bruno Mattarollo wrote:
>     I am trying to develop a login page to a site we are developing. I don't
> want to be prompted with a pop-up window, I just want to user to view a form
> and write there the user and password and press "Login" as in the Member
> login page from the Zope.Org site. Does anyone can give me a hint on how to

   To avoid popup window asking for auth you should avoid Basic HTTP Auth
scheme. Use cookie-based authentication.

> do that? Our user data will be stored in an RDBM database (Oracle8i). I saw
> the UserDB product. But apparently it's no longer maintained. The

   In the world of free software it is simple - maintain it yourself... or
pay someone for maintaining! :)

> functionality is to bring areas for members and areas for anonymous users.

   Use UserDB or roll your own based on GenericUserFolder (announced early
today).

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru