[Zope] Comments on the Zope Administrator Guide

Chuck Burdick (TT) chuck.burdick@tradingtechnologies.com
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:00:55 -0600

I am currently considering Zope for a major internal application within our
company.  I have major concerns that are not documented, and should probably
appear in the Zope Administrator Guide.

I understand that the ZAG is a work in progress.  Perhaps these topics can
be covered in a subsequent version.  I'm sure others find these to be
critical topics as well.

1) Security of the host system
2) Security/Encryption over the wire
3) Database management - The "Zope Management" section should NOT be in the
Content Manager's guide, it should be in the ZAG.
4) Database archival and backup
5) Database replication between hosts
6) Performance monitoring
7) Interaction of multiple Zope servers (host systems)
8) Interaction of Zope front-ends (ZServer, Zope's FTP, Apache, wu-FTP,
etc.)
9) Centralized authentication models across multiple servers (host systems)

If anyone knows where existing documentation is on these topics, I would be
very grateful.

Thanks,
Chuck Burdick
Web Administrator/Developer