[Zope] ODBC or local interbase woes

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:23:53 +1200

I've had this problem which I mentioned months back now - going back to
1.11pr1 ( or whatever it was called ) which I have always assumed was my
fault :-(

Using NT4/SP4 I set up a local Interbase server via ODBC to authenticate
users, and it always died whenever I first accessed those pages for the
very first time after starting up Zope.  Thereafter it would be fine.

I have just now noticed that when Zope starts up, the Interbase monitor
actually shows no connections.  I hit my authentication pages for the
first time, still no connections and Zope reports an error about the
database not being open.  I reload the page, and the connection now
appears in the Interbase monitor, and Zope is fine!

Just trying some experimentation, I see now that Zope does not open the
ODBC connections until I open the management interface.

Shouldn't Zope open all active ODBC connections as part of it's
initialisation start up?

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz