[Zope] login with a login page [Q]

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:26:55 -0600

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 03:20:36PM -0300, Bruno Mattarollo wrote:
> Hello..
>
>     Thanks..
>
>     I have downloaded and installed it on a temporary folder. Now I am
> trying to make it work, but I have an annoying problem... Our user tables
> are "splitted" -some designer would say normalized (i presume that is the
> translation in english)- ;-) and I cannot insert user data over one ZSQL
> method. Anyone has some other way to insert data for the UserDB
> "sqlAddQuery" method?

I think what you're missing is the sql_delimiter variable. That'll
let you do more than one SQL query inside a ZSQL method. The only
restriction is that only one of the SQL queries can be a SELECT: i.e.
return anything.

Used as so:

UPDATE some_table SET some_field = <dtml-var some_value>
 WHERE some_other_field = <dtml-var some_other_value>

<dtml-var sql-delimiter>

UPDATE some_other_table SET some_field = <dtml-var some_value>
 WHERE some_other_field = <dtml-var some_other_value>

HTH,
Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer