[Zope] login with a login page [Q]

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:58:01 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Bruno Mattarollo wrote:

>     I installed the GenericUserFolder in a temporary folder and removed all
> the acquire permissions checks from the "security" tab of the acl_users. I
> configured this to use the cookie based authentication. I am just trying to
> use the default users that comes with the GUF. I cannot make this to show me
> the login screen when accesing the temporary folder.

Are your still logged in as the administrator account that created the
GUF?

I should document this - BasicAuthentication information can never be
expired.

>     I had also tryed setting up some ZSQL methods that queryied the database
> to reproduce all the DTML methods that were in the acl_users folder. I
> changed those methods and tryed the ZSQL to check that they returned the
> correct values. But then I got always the "authorization failed" even when
> using the correct user/password.

Are you calling the ZSQL methods from a DTML method, or did you replace the
DTML method with a ZSQL method with the same name? If the latter, this
is documented in the README tab in the controlpanel/Products/GenericUserFolder.
Did you give the DTML method a proxy role with access to the ZSQL method
(also in the README).

Let me know how you go - note that this is prerelease code. I announced
it to zope-dev yesterday and its already being offered up on the main
mailing list :-)

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au