[Zope] fastcgi and ISP's -- alternatives?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:49:38 +0000

Jason Jones wrote:

> According to the Zope fastcgi package, it sounds like Zope will only run
> under a mod_fastcgi snapshot later than 2.2.2. Is this correct?

It should be easier with 2.2.2. It should work with earlier versions,
but you'll have to use mod_rewrite to pass authentication data or let
apache do authentication.

> I want to run Zope through fastcgi under apache on my ISP, but I doubt I can
> convince them to install an unstable snapshot. I've tried pcgi but it's very
> slow. Is there any work being done on a mod_zope or some other connection
> method that ISP's would willing run?

Do you think that some new mod_zope would be more stable that mod_fastcgi 2.2.2?

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.