[Zope] fastcgi and ISP's -- alternatives?

Craig P Avnit craig@londonplaza.co.uk
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:59:30 +0000

I have only been working with Zope in depth for the last couple of days,
and after having one small problem that was ironed out very quickly, I
have Zope running using PCGI, and will be rolling it out for testing, as we
are a Hosting company who are looking to use Zope, exclusively, as we believe
the possiblities are endless.

I now have three Virtual Servers running Zope all on the same machine, using
the core Zope install, but with seperate data dirs, logs, etc, for each virtual
server, it took a bit of tweaking but I have been able to do the complete setup
from scratch in under 10 minutes, now that I have all the nuances worked out.
Adding virtual servers, takes 30 seconds.

With regards to PHP, to get php working properly, can be just as difficult,
especially when working with phplib.

One has to remember PHP has been around a lot longer, therefor is used in more
installations.