[Zope] ANNOUNCE: ZRTChat v0.1 'Realtime' Chat example Product

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:59:29 -0500

ZRTChat is a pseudo-real-time (HTML) chat product for Zope.  It is
created with ZClasses, so it requires Zope 2.0+.  It is provided as a
.zexp file, so everyone can see how it is done.

It probably could use some work, since it is my first ZClass Product,
and it was (actually pretty easily) ported to ZClasses from its previous
incarnation as folders/DTMLMethods on Zope1.03.

It is fairly processor intensive, so probably not for big public pages.
It has worked fine for college graduate classes of 15 or so students
on-line at once.

Mainly, it is (hopefully) a good example product for ZClasses, since it
employs several techniques I have found useful toward my future
acquisition of Zope zen...

If anyone sees major code blunders, let me know ASAP so I can fix.
Upgrade/feature ideas will be graciously considered.

The URL is http://www.zope.org/Members/jwashin/ZRTChat.

-- Jim Washington

God does not play dice, but he seems to excel at billiards...