[Zope] Strange Image Behavior

Sam Gendler sgendler@teknolojix.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:28:18 -0800

If you tell your browser cache to validate with the server on every
request (this option is available in Netscape, I don't know about IE),
it will at least send an if-modified-since request for evey object.
This does little good when editing the same object multiple times a
day.  I finally just stuck a hack in the ZServer that sends pragma:
no-cache and Cache-Control: no-cache on every object.  When I publish
the site, I remove the hack.  We should probably hack ETag support into
zope, so that if-modified-since requests are handled properly on the
more recent browsers.

--sam