[Zope] Anonymous User authentication problem ...

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:05:48 +1100

If I put the following DTML method in my root folder:

<dtml-with subfolder>
  user: <dtml-var "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()"><br>
  can view: <dtml-var
"AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission('View',_.getitem('id',1))"><br>
</dtml-with>

and call it (from the server root) without logging in, I get

	user: Anonymous User
	can view: 0

even though the root folder says that Anonymous can View.  As expected,
this DTML snippet returns "can view: 1" if I actually login.  Do
I need to create a user folder in my root and manually add the Anonymous
user?  As always, any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au]