[Zope] Using a DTML Method to render a DTMLDocument?

Cayce Ullman c_ullman@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:33:17 -0800 (PST)

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do, let's
say I have a bunch of DTMLDocuments that
I want to be able to call various different
DTMLMethod renderer's on.  A poor example would
be, a DTMLMethod that adds a header and footer
to a DTMLDocument that doesn't have one.

For example :

MyDocument (DTMLDocument):

<H1> Hello World </H1>

--------------------------
MyMethod (DTMLMethod):

<H1> MY HEADER </H1>

<dtml-var this>

<H1> MY FOOTER </H1>

---------------------------

So when I call http://localhost/MyDocument/MyMethod

I get back :

MY HEADER
Hello World
MY FOOTER

So far, so good. The problem is, when MyDocument has
dtml in it, it does not render that dtml.

For example if :

MyDocument (DTMLDocument):

<H1> Hello World </H1>

<dtml-var someotherpage>

---------------------------

When I call http://localhost/MyDocument/MyMethod

I get back

MY HEADER
Hello World
<dtml-var someotherpage>
MY FOOTER

So I actually see the dtml tag rather than
the content of someotherpage. Is there away
to do this in DTML?  I have figured out a way
to do it with an ExternalMethod (by manually
calling HTML.__call__ on it).  But I wonder
if there is an easier way.

Thanks,

Cayce