[Zope] Storing Content

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:29:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Markus Strickler wrote:
> (Like creating a subclass of dtmldocument and adding my own
> display and edit methods). If so can you point me to some docs about this?

   You can learn how to write Products - it is exactly that. Few days ago I
started with Boring Product (somewhere on Zope site) and created my own
objects. Source code, working demo and Read-Only ADmin login:

   http://sun.med.ru/~phd/Software/Zope/
   http://sun.med.ru/Zope/Random

> I'm also wondering which wll be the best databse to use with Zope. I'm
> developing mostly on Windows but will deploy on Unix. I'd love to use
> Oracle, but as this is a 0-budget project, I can't afford the license fee.
> MySQL might be fine, but afak the Windows version is not freely available.
> Does anyone know about other crossplatform DBs that work well with Zope?

   MySQL for UNIX is (almost) free. Postgres is completely free. Postgres
is better 'cause it has transactions and is almost full SQL92 compliant.
MySQL is faster (for most simple queries), and has better granulated
security (in Postgres, if user can connect to DB, he can create as many
tables as he wants).

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru