[Zope] re-organizing digest as HTML

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 03:16:33 -0700

gvwilson@nevex.com wrote:

> Hi.  Would it make sense to send out the digestified versions of the Zope
> mailing lists as HTML, with hyperlinks from the ToC entries at the top to
> individual articles, and forward/backward links between threads?  It'd
> make it a lot easier to read...
> Thanks,
> Greg

HTML would be overkill, and improper. Most mailreaders capable of
viewing HTML, can/will automatically see 'http://foo.bar.com/bas' as a
lin, and make it one, wihtout the rest of the body being html-ified.

For example, the links below show up as hyperlinks for netscape,
elm/pine (in an rxvt-tags enabled terminal), Outlook, and IIRC, Outlook
express. Dunno about Eudora, but I am told it can/does.

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl