[Zope] avoiding zope error when auth fails

Gregor Ottmann ottmann@artis-group.com
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:18:43 +0100

when using the acl-users way of authenticating a user i have one problem:
whenever the user presses the 'cancel'-button he gets a zope error thats not
using the standard_error_message-method.

this is not only rather ugly behaviour, it actually pisses off one of our
customers in a rather dramatic way. so, is there a way to get rid of this
kind of error message WITHOUT changing the zope-source? there's a comment in
the source which suggests that there may be some way to use
standard_error_message - but obviously it's not implemented.(yet?)

another way to work around the problem would be to use some kind of
html-form to input the user name and password and validate it 'on foot' on
the consecuting page, but i have the strong feeling that this will not work
as it is server-side and the client is not notified - but this may be a
wrong conclusion. does anyone know a way to get a 'nice' login page and
avoid the brainbogglingly ugly error message?

(our customer actually thinks that the message means our code is bugged.
this annoys me even more than him...)

i would be very grateful if the answer (if someone knows it) could be sent
to me directly as i often don't have the time to actually read the mailings
on this list. well, i try to, but the days has only 24 hours. (is there an
48-hours-a-day-patch for life? ;) )

gregor

---
PBM Online Services / Artis Group newmedia concepts
Gregor Ottmann
Leiter Softwaredesign

go@pbm.de / ottmann@artis-group.com
www.pbm.de / www.artis-group.com