[Zope] GenericUserfolder Authentication mysteries

Joachim Schmitz js@ac-copy.net
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:50:40 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have the following site-structure:

root
acl_users (standard Authentication)
client
   |----- acl_users (Generic User Folder cookie auth)
   |----- index_html
   |----- bearbeiten (DTML-Method accesses EinAusgabe)
   |----- delete (ZSQL-Method)
   |----- data
           |---- index_htlm
           |---- table1
                   |----- EinAusgabe (TinyTable)
                   |----- index_html

When I now access

client/data/
the Genericuser authentication dialog comes up, I enter username and
password for user1, which has the roles Manager,Owner and Anonymous.
Then the index_html page is displayed, which has link to:

table1/bearbeiten

DTML-method bearbeiten uses the TinyTable, which has all anonymous
access unchecked, and is only accessable to Manager and Owner

Now the apache authentication box pops up ??? when I cancel it,
I get Zope-Error you are not allowed to access EinAusgabe.

When I allow the  anonymous access to EinAusgabe it works.

Apparently the Genericuser does not use his roles. Any hint is
apreacheated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Joachim Schmitz

WWW-Consultant