[Zope] Netscape/Zope cache problem - view frame source

Stephen Pitts smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 21:32:04 -0600

I'm currently editing my Zope site with Netscape 4.7/Linux, and I'm
having really weird problems with "view frame source". I usually
develop with two netscape windows, the first editing a DTML method and
the second viewing it. When I "break" the DTML method and refresh, I get
an error message in the second window, but when I click "View Frame
Source" to look at the error message (or View Source if I'm not inside
of the Zope GUI), Netscape shows me the source of the last successful
run of that DTML method.

I've tried playing with different cache options in Netscape, and in
order to make it show me the source of the failed method, I must go into
Preferences and hit "Clear Memory Cache" and "Clear Disk Cache". Has
anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, have you found a
workaround?

I'm running the libc5 version of Netscape 4.7 on a Debian Linux box with
Zope 2.0.0.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com