[Zope] Generic User Folder and SQL

Daniel Pfile pfiled@marietta.edu
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 07:56:20 -0500 (EST)

Allright, I'm not really sure where to start. I'm trying to get a generic
user folder working with SQL in order to allow me to insert users using
OBDC to the database from another computer. I've managed to get the
userList and userRoles returning data from the database fine. What I'm
stuck on is getting userAuthenticate to work, I've made a dtml method
named userAuthenticate that's a proxy with manager access. The Z SQL
method is GetAuthInfo and does a select of the username and password
fields from the database when the fields match the username and password
that is passed to them. That works great. Only thing I'm missing is how to
get my DTML in userAuthenticate to work and return a 1 when GetAuthInfo
finds matching username/password fields, and return 0 when it doesn't.

Am I missing something really silly here? Are there examples out there of
what I'm trying to do? Am I going about this all wrong?

I'm completly lost here and would be gratefull for any and all sugestions.

# Daniel Pfile        # I have no cool signature.
# pfiled@marietta.edu # Finger for free illegal software.