[Zope] Netscape/Zope cache problem - view frame source

Duncan Booth duncan@rcp.co.uk
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:45:53 +0000

> I'm currently editing my Zope site with Netscape 4.7/Linux, and I'm
> having really weird problems with "view frame source". I usually
> develop with two netscape windows, the first editing a DTML method and
> the second viewing it. When I "break" the DTML method and refresh, I get
> an error message in the second window, but when I click "View Frame
> Source" to look at the error message (or View Source if I'm not inside
> of the Zope GUI), Netscape shows me the source of the last successful
> run of that DTML method.

This seems to be a general problem with Netscape. I usually work
around it by adding some random parameter to the end of the URL
and retrying the request (e.g. stick ?x=1 on the end of the URL, or if
there are already some parameters use &x=1 instead).

Unfortunately this doesn't work too well if you are using the view tab
on the management interface, you really have to use a separate
window.

--
Duncan Booth                                             duncan@dales.rmplc.co.uk
http://dales.rmplc.co.uk/Duncan