[Zope] How to set-up authentication of pages

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:38:52 -0500

You would probably do well for yourself by reading the chapter entitled
"Delegating Control" in the Zope Content Manager's Guide.  It can be
found at http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ZCMG-HTML/ZCMG.5.html

You can allow Apache (or another webserver) to authenticate visitors
itself, but in practice it may be better to let Apache pass the
authentication request over to Zope.  Much of the Apache/Zope
coexistence story is detailed in the file WEBSERVER.txt in the doc
directory off the top-level of your Zope installation.

Andres Corrada wrote:

> Hi,
>         I would be grateful for pointers to documentation that shows how to
> require authentication of users accesing a web page. In particular, how
> does the authentication work? I'm trying to use Apache with Zope and
> authenticate via Apache's mod_auth_mysql module and failing miserably.
> By writing <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setStatus('Unauthorized')"> I can
> trigger authentication but cancelling the authentication gets me the
> page! Thank you.

----
Chris McDonough
Digital Creations, Inc.