[Zope] Anurism on list within a list

Jason Spisak jason@mtear.com
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:39:52 GMT

Thank you, Itamar,

I only need a two value property so a python method is a bit overkill.
Thanks very much.  I made a post to the list just before I got your
message.
Is there a way to get the index of a sequence-item that has been split
without reassigning to the REQUEST?

All my best, and thanks

> > Zope-artists,
> >
> > Regretably, I have suffered an anurism trying to define a two-variable
> > property in Zope.
>
> I usually use a lines property and then split it up, similar to the way
> TinyTables store data.
>
> E.g. Example - a lines property that displays as:
> a ::: 3
> b ::: 4
>
> and then
>
> <dtml-in Examples>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('pair', _.string.split(_['sequence-item'], ' :::
> '))">
> <dtml-var "REQUEST['pair'][0]"> is <dtml-var "REQUEST['pair'][1]"><br>
> </dtml-in>
>
> I usually use pythonmethods though, since its cleaner.
>
> --
> Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net

Jason Spisak
webmaster@hiretechs.com