[Zope] Questions about ZCatalogs

Alexandre Ratti alex.ratti@ras.eu.org
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:22:48 +0100

Hello,

I read in the zope lists archives that ZCatalogs support:
- the 'andnot' operator;
- a near operator ("...");
- phrasing.

Is this acurate? I cannot find how to use any of this in Zope 2.1b2 on Win NT4.

1) The andnot operator
If it is available, could someone provide a syntax example?

This works: <dtml-in "searchResults({'title':'site and zope'})">
This works too: <dtml-in "searchResults({'title':'site or zope'})">
This doesn't return any answer: <dtml-in "searchResults({'title':'site
andnot zope'})">
This doesn't either: <dtml-in "searchResults({'title':'site and not zope'})">

2) Near operator
Can you provide an example? And how does it work (How near is 'near'?)?

3) Phrasing search
Does ZCatalogs support searching for an exact phrase, eg. "blue cars"? If
supported, this would return only docs where the phrase occurs, not the
individual words. I'm really interested in this feature. Could you provide
a DTML syntax example?

Many thanks.

Alexandre