[Zope] Dynamically Accessing Subfolders

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:36:02 -0400

I want to write a DTML method which iterates over all subfolders contained
in a specific folder and execute a DTML method from each of the subfolders
that were found.  For example, suppose that I had the following folder
structure:

Folder A
	Folder B
	Folder C
	Folder D

In each of the subfolders there is a DTML method called "myName" which
answers some string value.  For example, myName as defined in Folder B
might be "I'm B".  When I execute the method from anywhere in the folder
hierarchy I want to get an answer similar to:

I'm B
I'm C
I'm D

Is there a method that I can call for a folder which will give me it's
subfolder names?  I'm assuming that if there was such a method, I could use
a dtml-in tag to iterate over the results.  If there is such a method, what
does it return and how could I use that information to send a message to
each subfolder in turn?

Thanks!

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html