[Zope] Any other ColdFusion coders out there?

Joshua Brauer joshua@brauer.org
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:48:39 -0600

I do mostly Zope and used to do Frontier. I'd be interested in this comparison. Also wondering what interest/possibilities exists in a product to convert .cfm to dtml and make the CF -> Zope conversion relatively easy?

At 1:46 PM -0500 10/1/99, ron@hksi.net wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Just learned about Zope today; we're attempted to install it on a Linux
>test box here. Ours is mostly a ColdFusion shop right now, but the
>devshed intro article on Zope looked very promising.
>
>I'm curious if anyone has a comparison table of Z vs. CF... I'll be
>especially interested to know how it handles http file uploads, file
>management, mail management, <cfhttp>-like functions, and session
>management. I'd also like to stick with CFStudio as my main development
>environment... does regular ftp work with DTML documents?

                                    # # #

Joshua Brauer                                         Box 915
http://www.brauer.org                          Fort Collins, CO 80522
Fax: (419) 793-4120
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
          -- Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900