[Zope] Any other ColdFusion coders out there?

Tad Murphy murphyt@cybertad.com
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:36:58 -0500

| I do mostly Zope and used to do Frontier. I'd be interested in this
comparison. Also wondering what interest/possibilities exists in a product
| convert .cfm to dtml and make the CF -> Zope conversion relatively easy?

Josh and all,

I'm not really sure of the ramifications of actually converting an
application from ColdFusion to Zope... I just don't think it's feasible. Is
it possible? Yeah, anything is possible. But is it realistic. Not really.
You are talking about porting an application from a non-object, file based
system into an object publishing system. At first it doesn't seem like such
an undertaking, simply convert some syntax and import the file into the Zope
database.. but if you look at it deeper than that, it becomes a much larger
undertaking... ColdFusion is simply NOT an object system and trying to make
it one or trying to convert it to one is not a good idea.

Just my two cents..

- Tad