[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Documentation Release

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 07:52:07 +0200

Great work. I wish you could fix the HTML documentation packaging,
though.

I remember a while back when you could still get the DTML Guide as a
single, flat HTML file (plus the images). The formatting stunk then, but
at least you could easily browse the documentation. The formatting of
the DTML and SQL guides remains pretty ghastly. In future releases,
please include the option of viewing/downloading a single, flat HTML
file, preferably with numbered sections (eg., "6.1. Iterative
Insertion").

The table of contents produced by Frame Maker is so bad I'm surprised
you haven't fixed it by hand. For example, in the case of the ZAG it
starts of confidently, until "ZServer Command Line Switches", where it
falls apart, adding paragraphs between each entry and forgetting to add
a bullet. And when it's doen with all that, it says "Figure 1. CGI
Overview" in huge letters and then starts off on a new table contents,
nicely ordered but with the exact same contents. This is also the first
table of contents on the web I've seen that includes page numbers.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"