[Zope] FW: [Zope] Authorization failure

Chris McDonough chris@iqgroup.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 15:33:44 -0400

 sture:

<dtml-tree branches_expr="objectValues(['Folder, 'File'])"
sort=meta_type skip_unauthorized>
<dtml-var title_or_id>
</dtml-tree>

-----Original Message-----
From: Sture Lygren
To: zope@zope.org
Sent: 10/2/99 2:51 PM
Subject: [Zope] Authorization failure

Hi!

I'm stuck with a problem here and hope someone can help me out ...

I try to make a folder & file tree view using the code:

DTML-method - show_tree

<dtml-tree branches_expr="objectValues(['Folder, 'File'])"
sort=meta_type>
<dtml-var title_or_id>
</dtml-tree>

Accessing the show_tree method as manager displays all correctly, but
when I try to access the method as another user I get 'authorization
failed'. I find this strange since the user has aquired the permissions
: 'access contents information' and 'view' to the methods parent folder,
the same permission setting is set for the folders and files therein.

I can trick it so that the user is proxyed as manager on the method, but
thats not what I want - I will block access to all but the authenticated
users private files and folders in the future.

Please tell me whats I do wrong and how I can fix this.

Thanks in advance

Sture Lygren

For developer-specific issues, zope-dev@zope.org -