[Zope] Tree views and a list from database

Tapio Heiskanen tj@iki.fi
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:52:46 +0300

Hi!

I'm building an application that helps our customers to subscribe newsgroups
in to there newsfeed and I'd like to use a tree view into the newsgroups.

We are running are software configurations from Sybase and the newsgroups
are in there as:

name                         description
alt aapg general             The American Association of Petroleum
Geologists.
alt agriculture              No description.
alt agriculture beef         Beef production and management
alt agriculture dean-stark   No description.
alt agriculture fruit        Fruit production.
alt agriculture misc         Use sci.agriculture instead.
alt agriculture technology   No description.
alt airline schedules        Current schedules of various airlines.
alt airports                 No description.

There are several other fields, but I won't go in to them here. Please note
that the newsgroups name is with spaces and not with periods.

What I'd like to get, is an hierarchical tree view by the newsgroups name:

- alt.*
  - alt.aapg.general             The American Association of Petroleum
Geologists.
  - alt.agriculture              No description.
  + alt.agriculture.*
  - alt.airline schedules        Current schedules of various airlines.
  - alt.airports                 No description.
+ comp.*
+ rec.*
+ sfnet.*

Is this doable and how can I do it?

--
Tapio Heiskanen                     tj@isu.net.sa
KACST, Internet Services Unit       Tel: +966 1 4813936