[Zope] <dtml-var> vs. <!--#var--> [Q]

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 10:06:33 +0200

At 07:02 05/10/99 , zope@infosys.com.ar wrote:
>Hi!
>
>         I have read the DTML docs and I couldn't find the pros and cons of
>each. Why diferent syntax for the same? I mean, <!--#--> makes it usable
>for HTML editor like HoTMetaL since it's a "comment" tag :-)
>
>         Is there any "underwater" difference between the two syntax that I
>didn't saw?

There isn't any difference, the internal representation after parsing is
the same. The new <dtml-command></dtml-command> syntax was devised to make
it more usable in HTML editors like Homesite, that allow you to define new
tags, including dialog boxes for all the tag's options.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer