[Zope] Experimental searchable mail list archive

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:28:15 -0400

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 05:06:53AM -0500, The Dragon De Monsyne wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> > Further improvements are to parse the documents into rfc822 Messages
> > (probably with a ZClass), index all interesting attributes (date,
> > author, etc), and impliment a simple ZPublisher.Client script that
> > mailman calls to 'push' a message up to the server, instanciate a new
> > message object, and incrimentaly index it in the Catalog.
> >
> 	Hmmm! Whaddayaknow! this is exactly what I've been working on!
> I've been planning out a product called MessageBase to do this.  I'm
> sketching out the Message class right now. I'm planning on it having full
> MIME suport. (one of the things I have gotten done so far is an imporved
> version of python's mimetools module thast is actually compliant to the
> MIME RFC's)

Check www.mutt.org -- the Mutt mailer, which IIRC is GPL, makes a point
of strict MIME compliance, and while the code is not in Python, it
might still be useful.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592