[Zope] The JAVA "AXSL" processor - an idea for Zope?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 18:04:42 +0200

Jason Jones wrote:

> You can already do some of what AXSL does with the XMLDocument product and
> rendor methods. The only problem is that this solution is somewhat
> unmanageable (lots of rendor medthods), buggy and slow.

A solution I'm working on that is somewhat less unmanageable and less
slow is XMLWidgets. They're currently in a rather alpha state of
development though; much work needs to be done.

This doesn't go the XSL route (don't know enough about XSL right now),
but instead uses widgets to render the nodes. The rendered (to HTML)
nodes can also pass back user events to methods of the widgets.

For more info see:

http://www.zope.org/Members/faassen/XMLWidgets

and the source, of course. :)

Regards,