[Zope] Zcatalog confusion

Geir B Hansen geirh@funcom.com
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:47:24 +0200

> >    manage_editCataloger('newscatalog')
> >
> i got a similar setup, and lo and behold, object are not updated when
added automatically.  only using the find interface can the object be
updated.

> can i use the above solution also?  tried putting it in my zclass _add
form (<dtml-call
"propertysheets.Article.manage_editCataloger('newsCatalog')"> ), but got
an error.  also put in <dtml-call reindex_object>.  note:however, the
catalog at the root dir got updated, but i can't get some meta_type that
i wanted that i can get in the catalog instance in my zclass folder.

> tia.

From what i gather, you have to put the <dtml-call
"manage_editCataloger('newsCatalog')"> in your zclass_add , not your
zclass_addForm.

I do not know where to go from there, though , because i still get an
error :

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: not enough arguments; expected 3, got 2

          Geir B Hansen
      geirh@funcom.com
Web-designer / Graphic artist
          Funcom Oslo