[Zope] ZCatalog, FieldIndexes and TextIndexes

marian.mcnatt@smawins.com marian.mcnatt@smawins.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 06:27:03 -0700

Can someone give me a good explanation of the difference between a
FieldIndex and a TextIndex?

Also...
I have created a ZCatalog for a search on my web site.  Currently, the
users can search on Title, Keyword, or Summary, but they have to choose
which one they want to search on.  I want the search to have one entry
box that will search all three different fields.  I'm sure there's a
good way to do this, as I see it on the zope.org site, but I can't
figure out how they did it.  Any ideas/help would be appreciated.