[Zope] Tree tag and xmlDocument

Phil Harris phil@philh.org
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:47:19 +0100

Hi Phil

I tried just that,

<dtml-var test_xml branches_expr="getElementsByTagName('header')">  --
returns nothing
<dtml-var test_xml branches_expr="getTagName() == 'header'">  --  returns
nothing

And also a few others, all return nothing, that is an empty tree.

I also tried
<dtml-var test_xml leaves="blank">

where blank is a dtmlMethod that returns nothing, but that still returned
the leaves, go figure?

Anyway thanks for responding.

Phil
phil@philh.org

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Phillip J. Eby
Sent: 06 October 1999 17:14
To: Phil Harris; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Tree tag and xmlDocument

At 04:02 PM 10/6/99 +0100, Phil Harris wrote:

><dtml-tree test_xml>
>  <dtml-var getTagName>
></dtml-tree>
>
>Show's a tree of the tagnames, (easy enough to change what is shown for
each
>tag).
>
>However I only want the <header>'s to show up in the tree, at the moment
all
>of the items are being rendered in the tree.
>
>Any Ideas.

try using:

<dtml-tree test_xml
branches_expr="someDOMexprtosearchfortagslike('header')">

Where 'someDOMexprtosearchfortagslike('header')' should be changed to the
appropriate XML DOM expression to be called on each tag that will return a
list of subtags whose type is 'header'.  :)

For developer-specific issues, zope-dev@zope.org -