[Zope] Can't put Zope 2 to work in an AIX 4.1.4. HELP!!!

Paulo Eduardo Neves neves@email.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 05:32:43 -0200

I've been developing in my personal linux machine in Zope 2, while my
production site were still working with Zope 1.10.1.

Today was the day to publish some new features. But I couldn't put Zope
2.0.1 to work in an AIX 4.1.4 machine!:-((

Zope spent *minutes* to present the default screen. Couldn't go further.

I've already had installed python 1.5.2 (Zope1 was installed with
1.5.1). After linking some configuration files (as told in
PLATAFORM/AIX.txt) everything compiled fine, except for some warnings in
zlib module. I've deleted the zlib since I already have it with my
python.

The problem? I run the start script and everything looks fine. When I
try to connect server:8080/ the browser contacts the server but no
answer. After more than 5 *minutes* zopes default home page appears. If
I try to go to the manage page just after a lot of time I get the login
dialog. Even after waiting a lot the management screen doesn't appear.

When I go to lib/python/ and try to "import Zope" I get :

>>> import Zope
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/web/Zope-2.0.1-src/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py", line 94, in ?
    import ZODB, ZODB.ZApplication, imp
  File "/web/Zope-2.0.1-src/lib/python/ZODB/__init__.py", line 85, in ?
    import sys, ExtensionClass, TimeStamp, cPersistence, Persistence
ImportError: from module ExtensionClass.so No such file or directory

If I insert the /web/Zope-2.0.1-src/lib/python dir as the first entry in
sys.path, module Zope imports. Then I try to get a connection and it
fails:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.path.insert(0, '/web/Zope-2.0.1-src/lib/python')
>>> import Zope
>>> app = Zope.app()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: app

I've already tried a lot of things, starting zope with different users.
Recompiling, reinstalling, etc..

I'd like any advice. Tips to debug this are welcome. I've already
exhausted my possibilities.

regards,
Desperate Paulo

--