[Zope] Zcatalog confusion

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:04:16 +0200

At 03:23 07/10/99 , Stuart 'Zen' Bishop wrote:

> > >From what i gather, you have to put the <dtml-call
> > "manage_editCataloger('newsCatalog')"> in your zclass_add , not your
> > zclass_addForm.
> >
> > I do not know where to go from there, though , because i still get an
> > error :
> >
> > Error Type: TypeError
> > Error Value: not enough arguments; expected 3, got 2
>
>I got stuck at the same point, but am getting a different error. I'm
>making the call from inside the <dtml-with
>"WFMContainerClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)"> section,
>which I gather means I'm working with the newly created ZClass instance.
>
><dtml-call "manage_editCataloger('mycatalog')> gives me the following:
>
>Error Type: NameError
>Error Value: REQUEST

There is a bug in CatalogAware that has been fixed in the CVS. You can fix
it by changing the signature of the method to:

   def manage_editCataloger(self, default, REQUEST=None):

and you should call it with:

   <dtml-call "manage_editCataloger('mycatalog', REQUEST)">

Sorry for the confusion. You can tell I never actually used this =).

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer