[Zope] Conceptual problem with Zope 2.0.1 threads

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 11:17:30 +0100

Hi,
I hope someone can enlighten me here.
I run a Zope system with 6 threads at the moment. Does this mean that
if I get 7 requests to the site, the 7th one has to wait until one of
the 6 are through servicing the request?

I noticed that when my site went live and got hammered by 50-70
students, that things were slowing down a lot.

With our Apache server we have over 200 processes running, and I was
wondering about the utility of upping the thread count to a higher
(much higher?) number.

As an example, can anyone tell me how many threads the main Zope site use?
Tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2