[Zope] products making documents

Dan Rusch dgr427@globalcrossing.com
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 10:56:24 -0500

mindlace wrote
>Dan, thanks, but what I'm trying to achieve here is not a
>method/document within a cloned folder (Home) where the folder has the
>properties in question, but a cloned document where the document itself
>has the properties to which I assign values.

Maybe I'm  not fully understanding, but the HomeBuilder does create a
cloned document (index_html) where the document itself
has the properties to which where assign values (tableRows) in the
HomeBuilder. This new document is created in the folder you name in the
"id" field of the HomeBuilder.

Note:

We have built a framework that can generate virtually any web page we
need based on properties assigned to the page. This framework is made up
of a series of dtml tags and wrapped in one tag. The "HomeBuilder" type
of technology allows us to create a mind boggling array of pages without
writing any code. The developer simply fills out the "HomeBuilder" form
(the actual form is of course much more complicated) and the Builder
Method then creates the page with the requested properties in the
designated folder.

Hope this helps.

DR