[Zope] zope and processes

Doug McNaught doug@mcnaught.org
08 Oct 1999 13:37:20 -0400

Scott Michel <scottm@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> You must be running Linux, the choice of a GNUtered generation. You're
> seeing all of the threads running. Linux made the dumb-ass choice of a
> process ID per thread.

Without going into off-topic details, I'll just say that this is the
result of a design decision that is not obviously wrong (at least to
me) and has some neat consequences.  It does make layering the
pthreads API on top of it a bit tricky.

> It's normal.

Yup.

Can we not flame other people's operating system choices on this list?
It would have been quite possible for you to make the above point
without the snideness.

This list is one of the friendliest I've seen--let's keep it that way.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       doug@mcnaught.org     http://www.mcnaught.org/~doug