[Zope] Probelms using a ZClass subclassed from an image

Andrew Lahser andrew@apl-software.com
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 10:20:50 -0700

Mike Salib wrote:

> I modified my ZClass's addForm method, the method that generates
> constructor input pages, to include chunks of dtml code that I swiped
> from the generic Image addForm method. My problem is that when I create
> new objects from this class, it doesn't actually include the contents of
> the image I uploaded at object creation time. Instead, the object's data
> attribute is simply the local file name of the image file I tried to
> upload.

Mike,

When sending a file attachment during an HTTP post, you must set the
ENCTYPE, like so,

<form action="Photo_add" method=post  ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">

Otherwise, the file won't be sent, only the filename.

Drew