[Zope] ZClasses and properties

Oscar Picasso picasso@videotron.ca
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 19:23:23 -0400

Thanks for your help. It works fine using the first solution. I tried the
second that seemed to better fit  my needs. But I'm unable to add a new
photo in an instance. Here is what I've done:

Product at /Control_Panel/Products/MZProduct
    MZClass      #my main class
    MZClass_add (MZClass constructor)
    MZClass_addForm (MZClass constructor input form)
    MZClass_add_permission (MZClass constructor permission)
    MZClass_factory (MZClass factory)
    MZPhoto_add_permission (MZPhoto constructor permission)

Z Class at /Control_Panel/Products/MZProduct/MZClass
#in the view tab
    Contents    manage_main
    Properties  propertysheets/mz_info/manage
    Add Photo   MZPhoto_addForm

Z Class at /Control_Panel/Products/MZProduct/MZClass
#in the methods tab
    MZPhoto
    MZPhoto_add (MZPhoto constructor)
    MZPhoto_addForm (MZPhoto constructor input form)
    MZPhoto_factory (MZPhoto factory)

When I view an instance I see the three tabs:
Contents, Properties, Add Photo.

If I go to Add Photo tab and enter and id. I get the following message:
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: argument title was ommitted

What's wrong with my classes?

>You need to subclass Object Manager when you generate the ZClass. Than
>you can add other objects into the instances. If you only want to add
>photos, build another ZClass in your class, which represents exactly
>a photo object (subclass from file or image) with all the needed
>properties filled during upload.
>
>HTH
>__Janko
>

>Oscar Picasso writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think there is something I don't understsand about ZClasses or maybe the
> > permissions used in ZClasses.
> >
> > I created a Zclass in which I have a propertie sheet with title,
> > description...
> > But what I want is to be able to store in each instance of that class some
> > objects (photos). So I created in the Class/propertysheets/methods a
folder
> > called 'Photo'.
> >
> > This doesn't work because it seems that all what is put in the
> > propertysheets/methods are Class "methods" so when I add something there,
> > all the instances are updated with the new object.
> >
> > Do I have to do this programatically or is there a means to use the
> > management screen.
> >
> > Any help greatly appreciated.

Oscar Picasso
picasso@videotron.ca